Very often we are asked why a company should invest in bespoke software instead of selecting an existing, off-the-shelf application? Wouldn’t it be a cheaper option?
Not necessarily. The problem with off-the-shelf software is that it is not cheaper at all. When considering selecting an off-the-shelf software one need to take into account:
- the costs of user licenses – the more users that need to access and use the system the more expensive the software is
- the software implementation costs – including staff training
- all the necessary adjustments to ensure that this new software works with existing software packages – this may not often be possible
- the ongoing maintenance costs
There is one more quite important consideration to take on board. With off-the-shelf software the business needs to adapt to the way the software is designed. This may lead to the situation where the business may loose their unique competitive advantage.
This is NOT going to happen with bespoke software.
Bespoke software is a tailored made software built to meet specific needs and requirements of the business, which cannot be easily fulfilled by existing off-the-shelf software.
The biggest advantage of bespoke software is that it is the software, which adjusts to the way the business is operating and not the other way around. The software is designed and built around existing business, existing processes representing the way business operates and preserving the business uniqueness.
Bespoke software helps to retain and enhance the competitive advantage of the business.
So what benefits does the bespoke software bring? There are many , but let’s just focus on three key benefits of bespoke software.
(1) Bespoke software solutions save time, by
- Reducing the amount of administration work
- Reducing excessive paperwork
- Automating work, operations and processes
- Eliminating repetitive data-entry work
(2) Bespoke software solutions improve access to business data and information, by
- Replacing inefficient solutions (for example spreadsheets)
- Reducing number of multiple sources of data and
- Integrating multiple sources of data
- Eliminating data entry errors
(3) Bespoke software solutions increase staff productivity, by
- Enabling quicker access to accurate business information
- Increasing quality of business data
As a result, the significant time-savings, improved access to better quality data and increased staff productivity allow you to work smarter, increase your business profitability and allow you to grow you businesses.
About GRIP Communications
We are designing and building bespoke software solutions since 2006. We have the necessary knowledge, expertise and the experience to design and build bespoke software solutions that will make a positive impact on your business, will reduce your workload, improve access to your business information and help you GROW your business.
We will help you to transform inefficient, error prone systems into robust, database and cloud business bespoke software solutions that will safe you time and grow your business.
Give us a call +353 (01) 254 2442 or drup us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an advice or would like to get more information.